Saturday, August 23, 2008

Finally Home (The Final Post)

After 29 hours of traveling, Ryan and I finally arrived in Indianapolis, where we had the chance to do Gymnastics for the first time in almost 3 weeks at his gym and recover for a day before we drove back to Ann Arbor. I'm still extremely exhausted- to give you an idea, I slept for 12 hours last night, but I at least feel like my body's on the right time zone.

I don't really know what to say to conclude this thing, only that it's been an incredible journey and to visit China during the Olympics, when the entire world had its eye turned towards Beijing, was truly something unique and unforgettable. We had some incredible hosts in an incredible condo development:


Dined Beijing-style with our Singaporian friends:


Sampled tea at a local market:


Ran into World Champion gymnast Diego Hypolito:


Got ripped off when we thought we made good deals:


Met some creative locals:


Saw the freakin' Olympics:


And, perhaps most importantly, discovered the most popular way of cooling oneself off in the Beijing heat:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great job, Kent.